The ADAPT Conference, a one-of-a-kind teaching event geared toward students and professionals in the entertainment industry, is set to take place virtually on October 22. If you’re looking for work in the music industry — or if you’re already employed and you’re simply seeking to educate yourself further — you’re absolutely going to want to participate.
Founded by Kevin Lyman (The Warped Tour, Mayhem Festival, etc.) and Trevor Swenson (Dynamic Talent International) after seeing how the Covid-19 pandemic brought the entertainment industry, live events, and much of the world’s economy to a grinding halt, The ADAPT Conference aims to highlight professionals who have found success through these times, as well as provide resources for those searching to learn how to do it themselves, collaborate, and adapt to our new reality.
The event will consist of a series of classes taught b and conversations with some big names from around the industry, including:
- Chamie McCurry (CMO, Danny Wimmer Presents)
- Joel Madden (Good Charlotte, MDDN, Veeps)
- Brian Rucker (Twitch)
- Eric Tobin (Hopeless Records)
- Ari Nisman (President & CEO, Degy World LLC and Degy Entertainment)
- Mark Woodbridge (Manager and Founder, 921 Collective)
- Matt Doherty (Touring Professional, The Unusual Company and The Touring Professionals Alliance)
- Noelle Scaggs (Founder, Diversify the Stage / Fitz and The Tantrums) Jerome Cooks (Never Famous / The Touring Professionals Alliance)
- Deborah Klein (Primary Wave)
- Randy Nichols (Force Management)
- Mike Easterlin (President, Elektra Music Group)
- Michael Silva (Executive Director, VenuWorks of Cedar Rapids, LLC)
- Jeff Fortier (Co-President, Mammoth)
- Vincenzo Giammanco (CBF Productions)
What’s more, the conference’s “Open To Work Directory” will highlight the contact info of students and unemployed scholarship recipients who are looking for work, and there will be a job board on which employers can post jobs they are looking to fill. All that on top of the incredible networking opportunity the conference will provide!
Tickets are on sale now through Eventbrite. For industry professionals, one ticket is $149, for an industry 4-pack, $400, and for students, $49. Industry professionals who are currently unemployed, furloughed, or laid off due to Covid-19 will receive 50% off their ADAPT Conference registration, and be added to the conference’s “Open To Work Directory.” Applications for the ADAPT Unemployment Scholarship are now open here: http://bit.ly/ADAPTScholarship.